The safety and reliability of the Connexus Energy electric system is everyone’s concern. Failure of the overhead support systems impacts both electrical reliability and public safety.
Connexus Energy does not allow members or other individuals to attach to facilities. To allow for improved utilization of the public right-of-way, an exception is made for other utilities such as telephone or cable to attach cables and other equipment to Connexus Energy poles. The utilities’ equipment and trained employees allow them to safely work on these attachments.
Pole attachments must:
- Be attached directly to the communication cable, messenger, or cable clamp.
- Be attached within 1 foot of the pole.
- Not be attached directly to the pole.
- Be attached to allow the identification code to be visible from the street.
- The attaching utility’s generally recognized business name.
- An emergency telephone number.